Sunday, January 1, 2012

From Florida to Minnesota, with love.

A few years ago I had the pleasure of going to Key West, Florida for my sisters wedding.  It was such a great time.  I also had the pleasure of being the photographer for the weekend and ended up with this solid shot of the happy couple. This is the cover of their wedding album that they have on the shelf, proudly displayed.

Jeanise and Mike Butterfield
This was taken right before we went to the beach for the ceremony.  My sister (the bride) literally said, "You better hurry because we get married in 15 minutes."  So here's the set up.  Two shoe mount flashes with snoots triggered via CyberSyncs.  The flash placement was done with a couple of VALS (voice activated light stands i.e. Mike's older brother and father).  They held the flashes and I told them where to go and what to do...pretty handy, thanks guys.  Dialed it in around shot number seven and then off to the beach we went.


This past summer I got an email from Mike's younger brother Scott.  He and his fiance, Christy, saw the pictures I had taken and wanted me to shoot their upcoming wedding.  They live near me in the Minneapolis area so it was a done deal.  Right away I knew the shot that I had to get of them.  Scott and Christy both ride street bikes, just like Jeanise and Mike, and both couples do "track days" where they take the bikes out dressed in protective gear and rocket themselves around a track.  It's quite intense.

Mike Butterfield - Gingerman Raceway

Mike Butterfield - Gingerman Raceway
Considering that I wouldn't be able to hit a track day with Scott and Christy, I opted for a glamorous wedding shot of the infamous "endo kiss".  This didn't take as many tries as I had thought, but once you nail it...move on!

Scott and Christy - Wedding Day Endo Kiss
Moving right along, the main reason for the post tonight was to reminisce about the past weddings and to show you Scott and Christy's wedding album.  Put together with InDesign and published in Lightroom 3.  Lightroom 3 is a must have and was such a wonderful Christmas gift from my wife...I don't know how I ever lived without either of them! :)  Check it out and let me know what you think.  If you view it at full screen, it's quite blurry, had to keep it small to run it around the web, but I can assure the happy couple that the album is incredible!



Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment